Friday, August 10, 2012

Thrifting: Latest Home Decor Finds


Normally, I thrift shop exclusively for clothes. However, I've become more interested in home decor lately. It's translated into the way I thrift shop. Of course this means I spend more time at stores digging through clothes and the home section. 

Fine by me. :)

My first find was a set of hand painted dishes - only $5. The painting was exquisite and colorful, I couldn't resist buying them. However, I wasn't sure if I wanted to use them as actual dishes. Since they were hand painted, who knew how they would turn out after being washed or run through the dishwasher. Instead, I decided to display one of them as wall decor in the kitchen.



But, I needed a ledge for it to rest on. Well, luckily, I found one at a local Goodwill for only $1.99. I absolutely loved how this idea turned out. Plus, What's it goes perfectly with the wall paint in the kitchen! 

The next find was a set of fake flowers and a vase. Total spent for both the vase and flowers was around $5

It goes perfectly in the room I'm trying to transform into a home office too. My desk faces this window, so I always see the sunlight and these flowers. It's good visual motivation to keep working!

Thanks for checking out my blog - Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment