Saturday, August 11, 2012

Crafting: Handmade Headbands

I recently purchased some lace and fake, little flowers on etsy. I thought it would be fun to make headbands out of them and attach the flowers to one side.

First, I made one out of turquoise lace, a white flower and white leaf. Also, I hand-stitched the ends of the lace together to form a complete headband. Also, hand-sewed the leaf and flower on as well.








The next headband I made from gray lace and attached a green and white flower on. I liked how it turned out, but the turquoise headband is definitely my favorite of the two!







Would you like one?

I have enough fabric to make 3 more turquoise headbands and 7 more gray ones, if anyone would like one -let me know! I'm only charging $5 a piece! 

Also, I mentioned etsy was where I got the supplies...and so I had to give you my tangent about how wonderful esty really is:

If you have not been to etsy yet, please do! That place is amazing. You can purchase handcrafted items or craft supplies from small businesses. Plus, you can set up your own personal shop! Now that I've started shopping there for craft items - I won't stop! If you look around enough, you find deals that are less expensive than buying in a physical store.


No comments:

Post a Comment