Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thrifting: Spring Work Outfit for under $10




Had an urge to step into The Salvation Army on 28th street one morning and it ended up being a good idea. I found a black tweed dress for $4.99. To make matters even more exciting, the brand is Banana Republic. Such a great find! After finding the dress, I decided to take my chance and the shoe section. I usually don't find shoes that fit - since I'm a size 9 or 10. But, finding the dress was making me feel lucky. I've needed a pair of good winter, dress boots for awhile. The boots I've been wearing have holes in the soles! To my surprise, there was a perfect pair of black lace-up boots. 

I had hit a few dry spells when walking into some Goodwills lately, but it just goes to show you that patience can bring you great rewards!

What was one of your best thrifting finds?

2 comments:

  1. Just hit up the Dewitt Goodwill and found J.Crew green khakis, Express chinos, a Jones New York gray wool skirt, and a men's banana republic stripped button down - all for under $20!! Such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is an excellent bargain hunter/gatherer. He recently suggested we go to Macy's to buy some new clothes for me since I have lost a lot of weight. I usually shop by myself, and wasn't sure I would be comfortable with him shopping with me. But I was wrong! He helped me find 70% off clothes that fit and look really nice, things I would have never even tried on. He even waited around in the women's department so that I could come out of the dressing room and model the clothes we picked out, vetoing some and giving the thumbs up to others. What a great guy! Plus, with the clearance prices, a 20% coupon good for anything we bought that day and 2 $10 off a $30 purchase coupons, I ended up getting a beautiful skirt, 4 sweaters that are great for spring, summer or fall, and 2 pairs of good pants. All for under $90. Yay!

    ReplyDelete