Friday, February 22, 2013

Crochet Bows and Mustaches

This week has been a whirlwind in more than one way. It's been extremely icy and snowy here in Grand Rapids. Tuesday was the day of ice upon ice upon ice. Today, Friday, is the day of wind and snow. The school I bus aide for was cancelled, therefore, I was able to devote some time to blogging.

Besides the weather whirlwind, I've just been busy busy busy. I like busy. But, when I get to a certain point, I always have to make sure to schedule in time to relax. How weird does that sound? Scheduling relaxation time? But, if I don't do this, I will burn out. A way of relaxing for me as of lately has become crocheting. My mind and hands must focus on one task -which is quite freeing. With the world in so much of a multi-tasking mode - to devote all your effort and concentration to one thing, is a nice break.

Back to the main focus of this post: crocheting bows and mustaches. :)

This week, while on pinterest, I found some amazing free patterns for bows and mustaches. Thank you to Craftiness is not optional for the bow pattern and Walker Whimsy for the mustache pattern. While, I followed the tutorial to a tee for the bow, I did make some of my own alterations to the mustache pattern.

{ Bow }


 After I made the bow, I made a skinny headband by single crocheting a few rows and sewing the ends together. :)

If anyone wants a bow headband for themsevles, someone they know, or a smaller one for a baby or toddler - let me know! $5 each.

 { Mustache }


I made the mustache...for fun and as a challenge to see if I could actually shape one! So silly. ;) I think they are fun photo props for any kind of occasion. If anyone would like a mustache - let me know. Selling them for $2. Colors are: turquoise or pink. I really want to glue them to popsicle sticks or something too, so I can easily prop them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment