Monday, September 17, 2012

Crafting: Attaching Origami to Earrings

Happy late Monday! Doesn't it feel nice to be basically finished with the first day of the week? After I got my second wind last night, I only was able to get to bed and sleep for 6 hours and after working all day - I was pretty spent. 

Reflecting back on my weekend, one of the things I got to do was make some jewelry with my good friend, Kris. Kris is basically amazing. She's one of those people who is open, honest and loving from the start.  Oh, plus, she's a HUGE crafter and has inspired me to organize all my supplies.

hence, I bought a $3 box to store all my earring supplies in.

She called me up a few weeks ago and asked about making some origami earrings. In a past gift I purchased for her, it came with free origami stars. She'd been pondering what to do with these for quite some time and came to the conclusion that earrings were a good choice! I asked her if I could feature her creation on my blog (and make some of my own while I was at it too!).

Here's her adventure from start to finish:



Using a needled, she made a small whole in the top of the start, then she bent wire with pliers and created links to make dangling earrings.






My creation(slightly less dangly...ok a LOT less dangly):

Kris

 + Me

= Awesome Crafting Friends Forever! :)

We also had a little guest watching our EVERY move while we made earrings. Sometimes she even playfully attacked our feet. ;)







2 comments:

  1. Great post! LOVE the earrings :) And the photos are superb--what lens are you using?? Looks a bit Lens Baby-ish...? -Ann (Judge) Karmol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann! I'm using a 50mm f1.2 (it's not mine, it's my friend's/boss's) He let me borrow it since his wife and I were crafting at their place! :D Someday I want a lens like that of my own...someday :)

    ReplyDelete