Thursday, December 13, 2012

More exploring: we found the place to plant our garden

Explored our backyard more today during sunset. Not only was it nice to just spend some time with Luke, but we started planning out where the garden would go in the spring.

Here's the spot.




Underneath the hay is rich, dark, black soil. Perfect for a garden. So excited...but it will be a lot of work. More than I can probably comprehend right now since I've never had my own garden before.

We found some old pallets that had been left in the yard. Two are in fairly good condition...so I may do some sort of DIY with them in the future. We'll see. I'll have to make sure the wood isn't rotted through from being rained and snowed on.

Anyone have gardening tips for two people new to this sort of thing?

1 comment: